It’s done! And I can’t believe it only took me about seven weeks to knit this!
I’ve wanted to knit this cardigan for a long time but somehow never got around to actually doing it. Now it’s finished I’ve worn it almost constantly since last Monday and it fits well. Unfortunately I think this particular shape doesn’t look very flattering on my figure; there’s something about the roundness of the shoulders which results from the yoke that make me look too… bulky. I think I need more straight lines to counteract the more curvaceous parts of my body 😉
Nevertheless, I’m quite pleased with this project and above all with the yarn. I used New Lanark DK in the blueberry colourway which has sat in my stash for years. I’ve loved working with the Donegal Silk Tweed on my Idlewood and their DK yarn is equally lovely. It’s a sheepy yarn with a slightly heathered look and it softened up quite a bit after a soak.
I had to go out of town to look for the buttons and found those lovely kermit-green ones. They’re quite the eye catcher 🙂
So, that’s one sweater down for my 6 sweaters in 2012 challenge and I’ve started swatching for Kate Davies’s Deco. Keeping my fingers crossed I’ll manage to get gauge this time….