Summer break here in Düsseldorf is nearly over and I have lots of knitting projects to show you. Unfortunately I’ve been ill for nearly four weeks and I only made crafty progress – not so much luck for my thesis, though… Anyway, what’s done is done and hopefully things will look better in the next semester.
Now, I think I’ll have to split my progress report up into at least two posts and I try to write here more frequently in the future.
I finished this coin quilt around the end of July/beginning of August and this is the first quilt I made entirely on the sewing machine. I visited my quilting buddy to use her machine and I really like how it turned out. For the quilting I used strips of adhesive tape arranged into a diagonal grid and sewed along those lines. It’s a bit on the small side (about 1,20m X 1,70m) but it will be great for snuggling up on my couch!
I have only three FOs to show and on two of them I still have to weave in the ends so there are only progress pics to show here. The weather’s been a bit dull in the last days and it’s hard to take pictures in this light, so bear with me, please!
Those are socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Bosco, which I picked up in a yarn shop in Venlo, Holland. They’re comfy and the yarn has a nice sheen to it.
As you can see I went with the flow and made my very own Ishbel. The pattern is well written and the lace pattern is split up into several small sections which made this part less prone to mistakes. The yarn I used is Isager Strik Højlandsgarn and it suited this project very well. I like my lace shawls to be a bit on the sturdy side!
The last show and tell for today is a modified version of LaLa’s simple shawl (pattern on ravelry). I wanted something simple and not too lacy because the yarn I used, Noro Kureyon sock, is spun very unevenly. I don’t think real lace would look too good with this. I still have to block it and weave in the ends.
I’ll be back with some new projects soon!