I’ve been stumbling over a lot of Mini Quilts on the Internet lately but since now I’ve always shied away from making one because of the small pieces and accuracy the involve. Sewing neatly and cutting the pieces for my quilts precisely is a constant hardship for me and although I’ve improved a bit lately I still manage to make a four patch out of pre-cut charm squares look wonky. But despite all this or maybe because all this I decided to try to make a mini quilt with this cute little teacup pattern I found on Tallgrass Prairie Studio. After lots of fiddling and seam-ripping and the usage of some really colourful language I put together the first teacup:
I’m thinking about a second one to make this into a wall hanging. Right now I need some mindless and soothing hand quilting on my red monster after this nerve wracking sewing.