I have ben a bit out of it lat week and spent my weekend at home feeling slightly queasy. I’m much better now but since my computer at work is still up at IT maintenance I decided to stay home today.
On the plus side I finally got started on my new quilt project using the Flutterby fabric by Moda I bought in Osnabrück and some additional large scale paisleys and retro cottons I ordered here.
I can really recommend this shop! The mail service somehow managed to loose the first parcel on its way from Berlin to Düsseldorf but the shop’s owner sent me a substitute after a short time. The new quilt will be made of six ten inch wide columns which will be pieced from alternating stack of coin blocks, squares and rectangles of the large scale fabric.
I finished four of the stack of coins blocks this weekend, two left to piece and then there will be only six squares (maybe twelve, not sure yet) and the rectangles to cut. I’m not sure about the final layout yet but it should be a quick quilt! I think I’ll use this for the backing:
All in all the quilt should come out at a 60” x 90” which will be easier to handle than the red monster I’m currently quilting.
That’s it for now, See U soon!